Saturday, February 11, 2012

Can you hear me God?

Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer…Page 27 (Psalm 4:1-8)


Have you ever wanted to ask the question…Can you hear me God?

Well, let’s just say that the effects of distress can be rippling. It can cause a tidal wave carrying great pain, anxiety and sorrow to rush up against the winds of peace.

A peace that has a confident trust in God; this is what we will rely on during the ride of the tidal waves.

The crashing of these waters leads me right into the discussion of labor. Labor can easily cause distress. In the moments leading up to the time that a mother’s water breaks the process can become both exciting and intense.

This analogy of birthing a newborn is also representative to those of us who are carrying our dreams, aspirations, and greatest expectations that we hope to one day see accomplished/birthed. During this process we must continue to apply our F.A.I.T.H.S.

I- We must continue to prayerfully seek the heart of God as we stand on his promises during our times of distress. Yes, he does hear us and that is a great relief. Let’s continue to converse with God and follow the path that he provides for us.

In the meantime, while were waiting to hear from God, let’s hide his word in our hearts so that we want sin against Him…Psalm 119:11, NLT

Small Group Scripture: 2 Peter 1:5-9
Prayer: Lord, I pray that we confidently know that you listen to us when we call to you.
Resources: For more on this topic you may also want to visit:
Watch: http://www.churchofthehighlands.com/media/audio/three-dimensions-of-prayer
Listen: http://www.churchofthehighlands.com/media/message/three-dimensions-of-prayer#
http://www.churchofthehighlands.com,/
click Media-Message Archive: Series- Conversations with God, Topic – Three dimensions of Prayer… Page 31

1 comment:

  1. Not only have I WANTED to ask the question but DID ask (on several occasions)... Can you hear me God? But He always reminds me in a still small voice that He does hear me and always answers (even if the answer sometimes is 'no'). Of course when the answer is 'no' it is always the case that what I was yearning for so intensely was not in His perfect will for me and I later would find out why. I also find it interesting that in the midst of turmoil (as when in the midst of a hurricane or other violent storm) it's hard to comprehend anything beyond what is happening at that moment.

    ReplyDelete