Saturday, January 15, 2011

Number your days Aright!

Psalm 90:12

So what if you awaken from a dream that you have lost your husband, your child or your grandchild? How you ask? Was it due to sickness, death, separation or divorce? Regardless, you find yourself meeting your new family. But….What did you learn from your prior lifestyle? Did you live a balanced life? Or… Were your priorities out of order? What is your life- focus today?

The revelation of the following scripture has awakened in my life, "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." I welcome you to partake in the revelation of God's word that it may bring you new life as well. I obviously become awe struck upon receiving a true revelation from God. The mere thought of grasping that my imperfect happy life as I know it among my immediate family members can literally change at any moment- has helped me to wisely consider reevaluating certain standards or priorities that I, or my family has in place.

Sure, I have had the understanding in knowing that my life can change… However, receiving this revelation from God helps me to better understand how to apply my prior knowledge about family, with the ability to add wisdom, to improve our quality of life without regrets. Let me ask you a question, "How would you live life if you knew that you only had a short amount of time left on earth to spend with your family?" Despite the limited amount of time left whether two days, two weeks, two months, or two years, it's the quality of balanced time that you live out your life with your family that truly matters in a lifetime.

For example, I can't get so caught up in perfection, working, and providing for my family, that I miss out on opportunities to first focus on my personal relationship with God, being a creative counterpart for my husband, enjoying and rightfully teaching my children, and so on…The order matters!

I refuse to awaken to a life of regrets…I choose to live a purposeful life today as a servant to please the heart of God, a wife, a mom, and a life changer! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment