Thursday, May 6, 2010

Give a Gift

"The Lord said to Moses, "Tell the Israelites to bring me gifts. Receive for me the gifts each person wants to give......." Exodus 25:1-26:37

My new book will be published in May 2010, and I am excited to present it as a gift to honor, praise and glorify Jesus Christ. I simply expressed to God my desire to glorify Him, soon afterwards the Holy Spirit impressed upon my heart the story of the "Widow's Oil" (2 Kings 4).

In the story the prophet, Elisha said, "I wonder how I can be of help. Tell me, what do you have in your house?" "Nothing," she said. "Well, I do have a little oil."

In the midst of reflecting upon the widow, I asked myself, "What do I have in my house?" My answer was a pen, paper, a computer and our story. "Lord are you telling me to write," I asked? The answer was evident.

I began to trust the Lord by FAITH to birth Bringing Forth VIRTUE. This process led me to diligently exercise my faith to develop virtue; and to virtue the knowledge of godly love. (2 Peter 1:5) I truly realized that the virtuous life is acheived through faith in Jesus Christ.

Are you diligent in your faith? Live the mature, spiritual life daily and give gifts to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment